Sunday, August 19, 2007

What's in Your Snack Drawer?

It's almost Monday which means the opportunity to start yet another week off on the right foot. On Mondays I bring a bigger lunch bag than usual so I can restock my work foods. I spend about 9-10 hours a day at work and, though I'm not one to fall for the lull of the vending machine, if I'm not well prepared one step out the building's courtyard and I'm faced with more cookies, muffins, grande-mocha-frappa-with-whip-concoctions than I know what to do with.
I bring fruit, yogurt, and yummy leftovers each morning; so, though not ideal, this is what's in my snack drawer right now:



1 tube of Smarties, Cashew Cookie LaraBar (my new favorite thing), Trident whitening(peppermint...only 5 pieces left), 1 Annie Chun's Udon soup, 1/2 empty box of cranberry flavored emer'gen-C, and a LOT of tea (green, white and black);

I keep my chai tea mix, soy milk and almond butter in the office kitchen.
Whole wheat fig bars and whole wheat english muffins are in heavy rotation. Plus a square or two of scharfenberger dark chocolate.

No comments: